Last updated: March 27th, 2019.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to Contestia websites (contestia.es), applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
What data do we collect?
Contestia’s customers use our services to collect and process the following data on their behalf:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, Twitter handle, phone number, etc.) for applicant users and/or evaluator users.
- The answers provided by applicant users to the forms defined by our customers to collect data about the applications participating in contests, challenges, recruitment processes, or any other evaluation process, in general.
- The evaluations and comments provided by the evaluator users about each application assigned to them.
Then with regard to such processes, our customers are the data controller, and Contestia is the data processor.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Contestia with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or send your application for any of our contests, challenges, recruitment processes, or any other evaluation process configured in Contestia.
- Provide feedback as an evaluator user to any of the applications assigned to you.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Our customers may proceed to a pre-registration of evaluator users in Contestia. These users will be contacted by email to request his explicit consent in order to participate as evaluators in the evaluation process configured by our customer.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process the applications of applicant users and be able to recover them in the future to proceed to fulfill them.
- The applicant and application’s data will be accessible to the customer users owning the evaluation process (contest, challenge, event, recruitment process, etc.) and to those evaluator users receiving assignments to review that specific application.
- Manage your account as an evaluator user or a customer user.
- Email evaluator users with information related with remainders about your evaluation activity or notifications of new assignments to review.
- Email customer users with remainders about their subscriptions.
- Email customer users with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When Contestia processes the customer orders, it may send customer’s data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Contestia will NOT share your data with any third-party company so that they may offer you their products and services.
How do we store your data?
At Contestia, security is our highest priority. We design our products and services with your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from Contestia websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software (SSL encryption).
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information.
Contestia would like to send to their customer users information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing email, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Contestia from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email to email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request Contestia for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Contestia correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Contestia to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Contestia erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Contestia restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Contestia’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Contestia transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com.
Or write to us at:Orange Software S.L. Avenida de Quitapesares, 17. Planta 1 Izquierda. 28670 Villaviciosa de Odón, Madrid (Spain)
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Contestia has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.